How does ZebraMobil differ from DriveNow?
While DriveNow allows for one-way rentals within their business area, ZebraMobiles are returned in their respective parking zones, just like privately owned cars. Although this appears to be a limitation at first, there are actually a number of advantages with this approach:
- With ZebraMobil, you can park like a resident, on all parking spots within one parking zone. This also includes residents’ only parking spots while DriveNow vehicles may only use so-called “mixed parking spots”. This means you have up to double the number of parking spots available as a ZebraMobil customer. Click here for an example.
- With the allocation to parking zones, you can find available vehicles close to you very reliably. This is because our vehicles are distributed evenly across the city. And even if all cars from one parking zone happen to be in use, you can always find an available ZebraMobil in a neighboring zone. In contrast, the cars of DriveNow are distributed randomly across the whole city – which means the next available car may be very far away from where you need it.
- Never pay more than 10 minutes for finding a parking spot. Even if it takes you longer than 10 minutes to find a free spot, you won’t have to pay for the extra time with us. DriveNow charge their regular tariff for the entire search time. Please find further details here.
- Sometimes, you want to use a car for longer rides – e.g. for an extended shopping spree or a trip over a long weekend. This is why ZebraMobil offers a discount pricing scheme, which also makes longer trips more affordable. For more details, see here. DriveNow want you to use their partner Sixt for longer trips instead.
- At ZebraMobil, you are charged the lower parking fee as soon as you turn off the ignition (for at least one minute). With DriveNow, you need to lock the vehicle from the outside first, before you can benefit from the parking fee.
- There are no hidden costs or surcharges – guaranteed. For example, at ZebraMobil you pay no extra processing fees for parking tickets.
- Our technology was developed with the outmost focus on ease and reliability. That’s why it rarely takes more than 3 seconds to unlock a vehicle. And you can drive with an ordinary car key like you’re used to, with no need for touch screen menus.
- You can reach us on the local Munich phone number
089.237.09.725(instead of a 0180 service number for at least 20 ct./Min.) for direct and reliable support and answers to your questions.